How Garage Door Maintenance Can Help You Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
In January of each year, millions of Americans set New Year’s resolutions. They start the year with great intentions, but by March, the enthusiasm has waned, and they are back to life as usual. Is reducing stress and saving money on your list for 2018? One of the fastest ways to add extra stress and blow your new budget is to be faced with an unexpected home repair.
We’ve got some easy garage door maintenance tips that might help you stick to your New Year’s resolutions. (Note: To avoid injury, tell everyone in your home that you’re inspecting the garage door and that it is not to be closed or opened by anyone until you say so.)
- Closely examine the header, mounting space, and jambs. If any wood is not structurally sound, it should be replaced.
- Inspect the lift cables, springs, rear back hangs, pulleys, track rollers and other hardware for signs of broken or worn parts. Problems with any of these parts should immediately be handled by a garage door maintenance and repair professional.
- Check that the door hasn’t moved right or left in the opening.
- Inspect the exterior surface of the door sections for peeling, cracking or damage caused by weather.
- Read your owner’s manual for a full list of garage door maintenance and cleaning instructions.
Note: Federal law requires openers made after January 1, 1993 to be fitted with a reversing mechanism and an edge sensor, or photo eye, as extra safety measures to prevent entrapment. If yours does not have these features, your automatic operating system should be replaced.
For professional garage door maintenance in the Northeast PA region, contact us at Rowe Door Sales Company. We offer high-quality garage door products and services and are proud members of both the Better Business Bureau and the International Door Association. Give us a call today!